RIOJA BORDÓN CRIANZA
RIOJA BORDÓN HAS ITS OWN DISTINCTIVE STYLE THAT EPITOMISES THE RIOJA FLAVOUR. THIS IS THE INIMITABLE RIOJA BORDÓN, WHICH, ON ACCOUNT OF ITS HISTORY, HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO INCLUDE THE TERM RIOJA ON ITS LABEL AS A POINT OF REFERENCE FOR QUALITY WINES.
Tempranillo and Garnacha.
After selection, the grapes are destemmed and lightly crushed. Once the alcoholic fermentation has concluded, a secondary malolactic fermentation process takes place to lower the acidity of the wine. The wine is then transferred to medium-toast American oak barrels where it remains for12 months, with racking taking place every 6 months.
12 months in American white oak barriques of medium toast with racking every 6 months for natural clarification.
BUY ONLINE IN VINOGALERIA
Crimson red with ruby red hues, it displays soft aromas of toasted oak and vanilla. Structured and smooth it showcases a savoury maturity and elegant tannins. Good balance between fruits and spice in its long and elegant finish.
Well suited to a variety of poultry dishes, vegetables and grilled meats, as well as pasta dishes and cheese.
- 88 points. Vinous (Steve Tanzar’s IWC), USA: 2012
- Silver Medal. Decanter World Wine Awards, UK: 2010
- Silver Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy. Germany: 2009
- 92 Points. Wine Luxe, China:2008
- 89 points + Best Value, Wine Spectator, USA: 2009
- Gold Medal. Best Spanish Wines for Asia Challengue, China: 2007
- 88 points, Wine Advocate (Robert Parker), USA: 2006
- Silver Medal. Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Belgium: 2006
- Silver Medal: International Wine Challenge, UK: 2006
« Bárbaro Rioja Bordón Selección »